неделя, 25 октомври 2020 г.

A simple device


This morning, as we "moved" the time, because humanity is so powerful and this is yet another act to remind us how we can control things, I have noticed once again that I have a simple device in my room. It is the opposite of smart, but it is neither stupid nor un-smart. It is just a simple radio-clock. That puts me to sleep and wakes me up with Classic FM. All the other stations blabber a lot. And the moment I noticed what time it is, with a little smile of appreciation, I realised what has happened.

This device doesn't have an internal computer, as most of the smart devices nowadays have. It does have a digital clock. That "ticks" when it is supposed to tick. Without any knowledge, if it ticks for 10:01 or for 09:01. It is there for the tick! And it is good at that. Until the mains power goes down. Then it just falls asleep.

I like the idea that I have something that doesn't track, upload, receive, record, put into a database, analyse, send reports and all other associated with the idea of being on a self-improving pattern verbs, that are on the outside of the box on almost every smart device. These verbs might be indeed handy. But a simple device is exactly that - simple. And that is what I need in my life now - simplicity.


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар